A word of encouragement for students on OPT and those who want to work on an H-1B visa. Business immigration busy season is coming up. We usually give a lot of consultations starting December on how to get an H-1B visa. We strongly encourage people to talk to a business immigration lawyer early on to figure out the following points:
- Does your education work for H-1B visa?
- Should you evaluate your diploma and/or work experience to get an equivalent of US bachelor’s degree?
- What are minimum salary requirements you should negotiate with prospective employers? (depends on your profession)
- What kind of employer should you look for?
- Can you get job offers from multiple employers?
- Your OPT/STEM status extension options.
- Possibility of enrolling to Master’s degree.
- Could you work for a startup?
- What if the startup has no funding?
- Could your own startup sponsor you?
- Can your employer be qualified for H-1B CAP exemption?
- Documents required.
- Should I negotiate applying for a green card upfront?
We have noticed that clients who came to see us for a consultation early had the best results because they had more time to choose the right employer and negotiate a good offer.
We start working on preparing H-1B petitions as early as December 2015.
To book a consultation click “Book Consultation”
We will be happy to help.